Adds thousands of new apps from SEGA, Miniclip, Zynga, Atari and other leading publishers
Tapjoy is proud to announce today that its ad platform grew to reach about 600 million mobile consumers at the close of Q2. This reach is primarily driven by massive growth in the company’s rewarded video product, which posted an 80% year-over-year increase in the total number of daily unique viewers, a 107% increase in unique video views between June 2016 and June 2017, and a 117% lift in quarterly revenue versus Q2 of last year.
“Our ad platform experienced tremendous growth during the past two quarters thanks to several important advances in our technology, a continued supply of engaging ad content from industry-leading advertisers, and of course, our partnership with some of the biggest names in app publishing,” said Shannon Jessup, chief revenue officer of Tapjoy. “We are honored to work with many of the most popular titles in the app stores today to bring our fun and highly-engaging rewarded ads to millions of additional consumers.”
During the first half of the year, the company added thousands of new apps from nearly 150 new partners, bringing the total number of apps on the platform to well over 20,000. Tapjoy’s latest partnerships represent some of the biggest names in mobile publishing such as SEGA, Miniclip, Zynga, Zeptolab, Jam City, Atari and others. New apps added to Tapjoy in 2017 include:
- Seriously’s Best Fiends. With more than 60 million downloads and $65 million in revenue, Best Fiends is a free puzzle game featuring cute, courageous and fiendish characters. The game’s characters recently became the subject of their own series of animated cartoons, “Best Fiends Boot Camp.”
- Jam City’s Cookie Jam. Jam City’s flagship title, Cookie Jam, has been a fan favorite since 2013 — with over 5 million daily active years and more than 100 million downloads to date.
- flaregames’ Zombie Gunship Survival. Just one week after its release this spring, Zombie Gunship Survival had claimed more than 2 million downloads and ranked in the Top 10 Apps on iPad in over 100 countries. Meanwhile, over 91 percent of players had given the top-down shooter game a 5-star rating.
- ZeptoLab’s C.A.T.S. When this multiplayer game from the creators of Cut the Rope and King of Thieves came out in April, it was downloaded more than 8 million times in its first weekend alone. It became a #1 free app in the US App Store and in 19 other countries, while earning the #1 spot in the “Games” category in 53 countries on iOS and landing in the top 5 popular games on Google Play in 25 countries.
- SEGA Network’s Crazy Taxi Gazillionaire. A spin-off of the highly successful Crazy Taxi™ franchise, Crazy Taxi Gazillionaire is an idle clicker featuring tracks by The Offspring, 12 unique districts, dozens of distinct taxis, and 60 drivers including characters from the game’s first release alongside new faces.
- Zynga’s Crosswords with Friends. Zynga partnered with Time Inc.’s People® to launch Crosswords with Friends, the latest in the company’s With Friends line of games, also featuring Words With Friends, which has been installed more than 200 million times and is one of the App Store’s Top 10 free games of all time.
- Atari’s Rollercoaster Tycoon Touch. From one of the world’s most recognized publishers and producers of interactive entertainment, RollerCoaster Tycoon® Touch is the latest installment of the world-renowned RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise, allowing players to design, customize and share their greatest park creations in full 3D for the first time on mobile.
- Umi Mobile’s Family Feud® Live!. Based on the long-running TV gameshow, Family Feud® Live! challenges players to be the fastest contestant to type in and see their answers light up the board.
- TinyCo’s Futurama: Worlds of Tomorrow. Released at the tail end of Q2 2017, TinyCo’s latest title has already proven to be a hit, surpassing 3 million downloads in its first 10 days. The game — which reunites the original voice cast of the series, as well as many of the show’s original writers — brings the cult favorite hit back to life for its legion of diehard fans.
- Etermax’s Trivia Crack. With over 200 million users, Trivia Crack is easily one of the most popular trivia games in the world. Trivia fans can challenge their friends and test their knowledge while combining wit and strategy.
Tapjoy’s Maximum Impact Platform™ provides mobile engagement and monetization services for leading advertisers and app developers. Advertisers rely on Tapjoy’s diverse suite of rewarded Interplay™ ads, including video and rich media, to impact performance. Developers utilize our technology and mobile expertise to acquire and monetize users. A 2016 comScore™ study confirmed Tapjoy Interplay™ ads deliver an unprecedented 3x lift across all brand metrics. The company works with Fortune 500 brands and the Top 200 grossing app developers. To learn more about how Tapjoy can benefit you, contact us to get started.
Tapjoy announces 600M mobile reach, 107% YOY growth in video views was originally published in Tapjoy on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.